https://mloiccqefx2r.i.optimole.com/RMqk1Eg-DXDrqLBe/w:auto/h:auto/q:83/https://www.ctlstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/20200702_tax-alert.png 518 920 Husam Shareef https://www.ctlstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Logo_Red-300x48.png Husam Shareef2020-07-02 22:07:302020-07-05 04:21:34Tax Alert, 2 July 2020
This issue is focused on the Twenty Sixth Amendment to the GST Regulation (Regulation Number 2011/R-43).
Key topics covered in the Amendment, and detailed in this issue of Tax Alert, are:
- specific rules on what constitutes a charter of a tourist vessel;
- no prior authorisation required to claim a deduction on irrecoverable debts;
- amendment of the definition of goods and services exported from the Maldives;
- specific rules on transfer, and personal consumption of imported goods;
- removal of requirement to return GST certificate upon de-registration.