On 3 September 2020, the Regulation on Registration of Fruit and Vegetable Vendors was published. The key areas of the Regulation are as follows:
Requirements for Registration
The Regulation provides that any individual, company, partnership or co-operative society that:
- Supplies fruits and vegetables from an established location; or
- Does not have an established location but carries on with the supply of fruits and vegetables; or
- Carries on with an enterprise for the supply of any type of goods, which include the supply of fruits and vegetables; or
- Carries on with an online enterprise for the supply of fruits and vegetables; or
- Enters into an arrangement with one or more parties for the supply of fruits and vegetables from a fixed location on a temporary, or permanent basis;
must register under the Regulation. This requirement, however, does not apply to enterprises already registered as a shop, bakery, canteen, teashop, café, restaurant or cafeteria.
Enterprises currently in operation must register within 30 days
Enterprises which are required to register under this Regulation must register by 4 November 2020 – 30 days from publication of the Regulation.
The Regulation will be effective from 4 October 2020 onwards.