The constant changes in tax rules demand that tax considerations be taken into account in virtually every business decision. It is, now more than ever, important that lawyers understand the significant impacts of tax rules on domestic and cross-border business transactions and how any potential issues that arise should be addressed – the same applies for accountants and business advisors.
Although not all legal and accounting practitioners may be proficient tax experts or tax advisors, it is imperative for all legal and accounting practitioners to understand tax laws, and basic concepts in addition to the practical issues they may face in tax dispute resolution processes.
Areas of Focus
This session on ‘Tax Law in Practice’ brought together by our team of lawyers, chartered accounts and tax advisors, is aimed at helping legal and accounting practitioners as well as students looking to improve their understanding of how tax law is applied in practice.
This session will cover:
- practical perspectives on how certain types of commercial documents, commercial arrangements and corporate structures can impact the tax position of businesses;
- explanation of basic tax concepts and principles that form the basis of the Maldives tax regime, tax laws and contemporary tax issues;
- key updates on developments in the Maldives’ tax dispute resolution mechanism;
- critical aspects in dealing with tax disputes and controversies;
- tax considerations in drafting contracts and other legal documents.
Who Should Attend
The webinar is relevant to and will benefit:
- lawyers, law graduates and students;
- compliance officers, accounting executives, accountants and accounting students.
Language of Delivery
The webinar will be conducted in Dhivehi
Date and Duration
The expected duration of the webinar is 60 minutes. It will take place on 20 September 2020 at 9:00 pm.
Once registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to join the seminar and download the application.
If you have any questions on the registration or the webinar, please contact us at [email protected] or call on +960 7956996